is pleased to present:
Art Deco Make-up
Friday, February 9, 2018
12p – 3p
$15.00 per person
“I’m ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille….”
The best make-up techniques and cosmetics make for glamourous good looks.
Want to look your best at the 2018 Winter Event – “Art Deco Revel in Hollywood“? Join us for a class in make-up of the 1920’s, 1930’s, and 1940’s with a local theater make-up expert. We’ll practice on ourselves and try various make-up ideas to see what suits us best.
The class will be held from 12:00pm to 3:00 pm on Friday, February 9th, just north of Seattle at a branch of the King County Library.
The cost for the class is $15 per person.
In order to be able to practice the techniques on yourself, it is suggested that you bring the following items:
- Black or brown eyeliner (Covergirl, crayon liner is the easiest to apply for beginners)
- A neutral eye shadow palette with as little shimmer as possible
- A red, or coral lipstick depending on skin tone
- Lip liner in a matching or complimentary tone
- Mascara in black or brown
- Blush in a rose or coral tone
- A brush set (the teacher suggests the Eco Tools brand brush sets you can find at all drugstores)
- Sponges or pads for applying makeup
- Makeup mirror that will stand on a table
Updated: January 20, 2018