Time for An Autumn
Somewhere in Time, Unlimited
invites you to the Autumn Event:
(As of 10/6/17 we are Wait Listed.)
Saturday, October 21, 2017
12pm - 5pm
"The fox is smart and sly as can be
And a great big bushy tail has he
He can run very fast his fur is red
And he lives in the woods in a tree-trunk bed."
“The Hunt” is being conducted by the invitation of the Master. Those who wish to participate, shall be prepared to do so in “full kit”, which in this case, may include the wearing of Autumnal shades of plaid, stripe, or floral, in addition to those who’ll wear the traditional red jacket & topper or equestrian riding helmet.
On this day, we shall gather for a “Meet” in the county of Snohomish which will be festively dressed in her beautiful autumn colors and setting. There, to the sound of “Tally HO!” all of “the hounds” will be encouraged to draw the covert red fox from the glen. In SITU's version of the Hunt, no actual animal shall be harmed. It will be your OWN tracking and good sense to spy the elusive fox on the property of antique dealers. You will also likely spy prized steeds upon the "land," but you will not be riding either British or side saddle. “Nay,” your enjoyment shall be limited to photography, admiration or the acquisition of a vintage find for your collection.
Our day begins by traveling the highway which connects the City of Seattle to Canada. From there, one will divert onto lesser traveled roadways until reaching the fertile lands of South Snohomish County, once owned by the esteemed son of the Earl of Gee. Members of the SITU Hunt Club may be joined by the members of the SHS Hunt Club (Snohomish Historical Society) for this much anticipated gathering!
At the conclusion of the Hunt, we will partake in a wonderful spread of delicacies at a nearby "Hunt Club." Join us!
What to wear: *
While 1870’s – 1905 Victorian/Edwardian “hunt attire” is suggested, you are welcome to attire any era to present, as long as it is "Fox Hunt" inspired. Plaids, stripes, autumn florals in the form of textiles is appreciated, but not required. Remember to bring a rain brolly if damp. “Sensible shoes” is also a good idea as you may be "in the field", cobblestone driveway, or carpeted flooring.
What to bring:
- Good humour, carefree spirit, and good stories to share!
Entry voucher for The Hunt:
Our Hunt Club will be paying the land-holder to be able to cross his fields for The Hunt. For SITU Members, $20 will assure your place in the hunt and at the dinner there following. Non-members are welcome and their entry fee is $35 per person. (Special pricing for SITU Members is a benefit which SITU is subsidizing.)
- Travel time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from central Seattle to the Everett exit (from the road leading to Canada), to our destination. Calculate your travel time accordingly in relation to central Seattle considering your starting point.
- The retail establishments of the nearby township of Snohomish will be open for your antique shopping pleasure at 10 am.
- The Hunt shall begin promptly at high noon to the notes of the bugle, the bark of the hounds, and the sound of “Tally HO!” We will have precisely 2.5 hours to locate the sly fox and lure him out of hiding.
- A list of "suggested retail establishments" will be provided with your driving instructions. The cunning fox will not likely be making an appearance at any retail location until the beginning of the Hunt.
- A “Celebratory Early Dinner” will be enjoyed at a nearby ”Hunt Club," at 3 p.m. when Hunt Club members should be prepared to be seated for service. Everyone should arrive by 2:45 p.m. so that dinner can be served at 3:00 p.m.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP your intent to: Treasurer "at" SITUSeattle.com
Please review the menu below, then register to secure your spot at the gathering!
Enter your entree choice/s along with the name/s of the attendee/s.
We look forward to seeing you at this Event…..
Saturday, October 21, 2017
12pm - 5 pm.
**See above description for extended option.
South Snohomish County
*See description above
$20.00 per person SITU Members
$35.00 per person Non-Members
Soup or Salad
Choice of baked or mashed Yukon Gold potatoes or rice, vegetables & assorted rolls
- Huntsman Pot Roast
- Autumn Chicken Pie
- Pecan Chicken Salad*
Soft drinks, coffee, or tea (iced or hot)
*Accommodations made for food allergies and other dietary needs.
Please email Treasurer “at” SITUSeattle “dot” com with dietary details.
To Pay by PayPal:
To Pay by PayPal:
To Pay by Personal Check: